3 BEDROOM TOWNHOUSE - ESCAPE TO THE BEACH!

2/58 Waverley Street, BUCASIA QLD 4750

3
2
1
Leased
Listing ID: 20635862

Escape to the Beach! This 3-bedroom townhouse is walking distance to the beach. With a bathroom upstairs, two living areas downstairs with toilet and shower and single bay lock-up garage. Modern brick construction located close to Bucasia State School, shops and parkland. Easy walking distance to any. The main bedroom has balcony view, large built-in wardrobe and split air conditioner. All bedrooms have carpet and ceiling fans and the rear bedroom has a balcony overlooking the courtyard. The centrally located kitchen has hotplate and wall oven and with the front lounge and rear dining room all enjoy air-conditioned living. This fantastic rental has a history of being well-looked after and we are looking for someone to continue this trend.

Disclaimer: The Agent does not give any warranty as to errors or omissions, if any, in these particulars, which they believe to be accurate when compiled.

Property Features
  • Unit
  • 3 bed
  • 2 bath
  • 1 Parking Spaces
  • 2 Toilet
  • Garage
  • Satellite
  • Street View

Subscribe to listing alerts by email

Manage your listing alerts subscription options

Enter your email address and click Continue.

Number of bedrooms
Number of Bathrooms
Subscribe for our listing alerts.

Fast Facts about Bucasia
    Bucasia is a northern coastal suburb of Mackay. The coastline forms its eastern boundary. Eimeo Creek forms the south-east boundary. The largest residential area is along the sandy beachfront with a second residential area along the road to Mackay. The bulk of the locality is used for growing sugarcane and tropical fruit, while some of the locality (particularly surrounding the creeks) is left as swampy wetlands.
    In 1874, Bucasia was originally called Marara but was later named Seaview. In 1938, it was decided that there were too many places called Seaview and so it was renamed Bucasia after Father Pierre-Marie (Paul) Bucas (born in 1840 in Saint-Jean-la-Poterie;Morbihan in France), the first Roman Catholic priest in Mackay. Starting in 1874, Father Bucas acquired 1680 acres of land through a series of purchases in present-day Bucasia, which he used to establish a community for displaced Aborigines. He also established the St Joseph's orphanage, operated by the Sisters of St Joseph until 1880, after which it was run by the Sisters of Mercy. In 1884, concerns about malaria resulted in the orphans being relocated in 1885 to the Meteor Park orphanage near Rockhampton (later known as Neerkol). The swamp in the west of the Bucasia locality is still known as Orphanage Swamp. Over time, Bucasia developed as a holiday area but has now become a permanent residential area. Bucasia State School opened on 29 January 1985. In 1988, a memorial to Father Bucas was unveiled on Bucasia Esplanade. In 2008, the Mackay Regional Council constructed a waste water treatment plant in Bucasia, serving the northern suburbs. The two basin sequencing batch reactor can process up to 4 megalitres per day. In 2015, illegal tree clearing occurred on Bucasia foreshore, a problem in many coastal communities where foreshore trees block residential views. The trees were planted to stabilise the dunes, protect the beach, and provide habitat for wildlife.
    The beach has a northly aspect with views to the Cumberland Islands. It is protected from strong winds and is one of Mackay's most popular beaches. The beach is a nesting site for the flatback turtle with an average of 16 nests each year. Bucasia State School at 76 Kemp Street is a government co-educational primary school (Prep to Year 6). In 2014, the school had 329 students with 20 teachers (19 equivalent full-time). The Mackay Regional Council operates a mobile library service on a fortnightly schedule on the Esplanade near Steen Avenue.
    Property Manager