This spacious fully air-conditioned 2 bedroom lowset unit has just had brand new carpet installed to the lounge and bedrooms, this comfortable home offers screens and ceiling fans though-out, built-ins to bedrooms, carport. Located in a quiet area close to shop schools and the beach.
Originally, the town was called Amhurst but it was renamed on 1 January 1967 to be Slade Point, named after the prominent headland of the same name which named in June 1770 by Lieutenant James Cook of HMS Endeavour, after Thomas Slade, Surveyor of the RoyalNavy and designer of Horatio Nelson's ship HMS Victory.
Amhurst State School opened on 11 April 1939. It was renamed Slade Point State School in 1967.
The Mackay Regional Council operates a mobile library service on a fortnightly schedule at Pheasant Street.
Slade Point State School is a government primary (P-6) school for boys and girls at 362 Slade Point Road. In 2017, the school had an enrolment of 110 students with 13 teacher (11 full-time equivalent) and 11 non-teaching staff (8 full-time equivalent).