SWELL HOUSE IN SEARLE STREET

4 Searle Street, BUCASIA QLD 4750

3
2
2
Sold
Listing ID: 20091510

This low-set Queenslander house has two bedrooms with two full bathrooms beside the bedrooms, and a third bedroom for guests. Located in a quiet street with no through traffic and close to the beach, the Bucasia Sailing Club, Kindergarten and Primary School, this is an ideal place to live.
Leading in from the front verandah is the combined lounge dining and kitchen for great living. Downstairs through the laundry and storage area is this spacious rumpus / family room that has easy access to the rear entertaining area, the swimming pool on the north side or to the garage / carport on south east. There is also a garden shed at the rear. The two main bedrooms have built-in robes, ceiling fans and split air conditioners, as does the lounge room.
Currently tenanted on periodic, inspections by appointment.

Disclaimer; The Agent does not give any warranty as to errors or omissions, if any, in these particulars, which they believe to be accurate when compiled.

Property Features
  • House
  • 3 bed
  • 2 bath
  • 2 Parking Spaces
  • Land is 888 m²
  • 2 Carport
  • Built In Robes
  • Rumpus Room
  • Outdoor Entertaining
  • Shed
  • Satellite
  • Street View

Subscribe to listing alerts by email

Manage your listing alerts subscription options

Enter your email address and click Continue.

Number of bedrooms
Number of Bathrooms
Subscribe for our listing alerts.

Fast Facts about Bucasia
    Bucasia is a northern coastal suburb of Mackay. The coastline forms its eastern boundary. Eimeo Creek forms the south-east boundary. The largest residential area is along the sandy beachfront with a second residential area along the road to Mackay. The bulk of the locality is used for growing sugarcane and tropical fruit, while some of the locality (particularly surrounding the creeks) is left as swampy wetlands.
    In 1874, Bucasia was originally called Marara but was later named Seaview. In 1938, it was decided that there were too many places called Seaview and so it was renamed Bucasia after Father Pierre-Marie (Paul) Bucas (born in 1840 in Saint-Jean-la-Poterie;Morbihan in France), the first Roman Catholic priest in Mackay. Starting in 1874, Father Bucas acquired 1680 acres of land through a series of purchases in present-day Bucasia, which he used to establish a community for displaced Aborigines. He also established the St Joseph's orphanage, operated by the Sisters of St Joseph until 1880, after which it was run by the Sisters of Mercy. In 1884, concerns about malaria resulted in the orphans being relocated in 1885 to the Meteor Park orphanage near Rockhampton (later known as Neerkol). The swamp in the west of the Bucasia locality is still known as Orphanage Swamp. Over time, Bucasia developed as a holiday area but has now become a permanent residential area. Bucasia State School opened on 29 January 1985. In 1988, a memorial to Father Bucas was unveiled on Bucasia Esplanade. In 2008, the Mackay Regional Council constructed a waste water treatment plant in Bucasia, serving the northern suburbs. The two basin sequencing batch reactor can process up to 4 megalitres per day. In 2015, illegal tree clearing occurred on Bucasia foreshore, a problem in many coastal communities where foreshore trees block residential views. The trees were planted to stabilise the dunes, protect the beach, and provide habitat for wildlife.
    The beach has a northly aspect with views to the Cumberland Islands. It is protected from strong winds and is one of Mackay's most popular beaches. The beach is a nesting site for the flatback turtle with an average of 16 nests each year. Bucasia State School at 76 Kemp Street is a government co-educational primary school (Prep to Year 6). In 2014, the school had 329 students with 20 teachers (19 equivalent full-time). The Mackay Regional Council operates a mobile library service on a fortnightly schedule on the Esplanade near Steen Avenue.


    Contact Us About This Property

    Real Estate Agent