LARGE FAMILY HOME DUAL LIVING

148 Kippen Street, SOUTH MACKAY QLD 4740

5
4
6
$550,000
Listing ID: 20770227

This hi-set Queenslander home offers dual accommodation as a duplex with totally separate living areas. Fully renovated and beautifully maintained, it offers the choice of dual family living with extra accommodation for guests/extended family, or as an investment with dual income. Currently tenanted upstairs and vacant downstairs. Features include:

UPSTAIRS – 3 x built-in bedrooms, one with ensuite, center lounge / dining and separate office. Large modern kitchen with stainless steel appliances, dishwasher and gas cooker. Modern bathroom with shower over bath. Traditional high ceilings, T&G walls, polished timber floors, and beautiful casement windows. Split system air-conditioning throughout. Large covered entertainment deck overlooking spacious backyard with area for playground. There is a enclosed garage and carport on the side.

DOWNSTAIRS – Separate living with open plan modern kitchen dining / lounge. It is legal height and was completed in July 2009. There are two separate bedrooms with ensuite in the main and built-ins in both. The laundry is separate and leads to the back yard where there is a two bay colorbond shed and a two bay carport. The modern kitchen has stainless steel appliances and dishwasher. The main bathroom has separate bath and shower. Split system air-conditioning throughout.

A well presented property on a 725 sqm block, only minutes to the CBD and walking distance to Harrup Park, Basket Ball and other sporting venues. This unique property has immense investment potential and will be equally attractive to the large or extended family.
Inspection by appointment. Contact Jim Brown 0427 006 817

Disclaimer: This information is not to be viewed as a warranty or an assurance of the veracity of the information. Interested parties should undertake their own inquiries and investigations to satisfy themselves of the details herein. Information is subject to amendment

Property Features
  • House
  • 5 bed
  • 4 bath
  • 6 Parking Spaces
  • Land is 725 m²
  • 3 Garage
  • 3 Carport
  • Secure Parking
  • Study
  • Dishwasher
  • Built In Robes
  • Deck
  • Outdoor Entertaining
  • Shed
  • Satellite
  • Street View

Subscribe to listing alerts by email

Manage your listing alerts subscription options

Enter your email address and click Continue.

Number of bedrooms
Number of Bathrooms
Subscribe for our listing alerts.

Fast Facts about South Mackay
    As its name suggests, the suburb of South Mackay is immediately to the south of the central suburb of Mackay. Adjoining the Coral Sea, South Mackay has flat land just above sea level apart from a small hill (approx 10 metres above sea level) in the south-east of the locality. The flat nature of the land made it suitable for use as an airport. The Mackay Airport occupies the south-eastern half of the suburb with suburban development in the north and west of the suburb. There are a number of sports fields between the airport and the residential areas, including the Souths Rugby League Club, the Souths Hockey Club, the City Brothers Football Club and Harrup Park Country Club (hosting a number of sports include the Mackay Cricket Association and AFL Mackay).
    Mackay State High School opened on 5 February 1912 as part of the Mackay Technical College in Alfred Street, Mackay. 76 students presented for entry examinations on the first day. In 1959, the high school was relocated to a new campus in Milton Street, South Mackay. In July 1927, the Mackay Chamber of Commerce became aware that the Australian Government was thinking of establishing airmail services within Australia "wherever they could be justified". In January 1928, the Mackay Chamber of Commerce first considered creating an aerodrome to prepare for the growth in air traffic, suggesting in March 1928 that the Town Common might be a suitable location. In April 1928 the Mackay City Council voted to provide the land if an aerodrome was required. In September 1928, Captain John Henry Arthur Treacy, chief pilot of the Queensland Air Navigation Co. Ltd., flew over Mackay looking for suitable locations and confirmed that the Town Common appeared very suitable and could be converted to an aerodrome at very little cost. In July 1929, Captain Treacy tells Mackay to create an aerodrome as the coastal air service will soon commence at other towns' aerodromes while Mackay will miss out; he again confirmed the suitability of the town commons as a site. In October 1929, the Chamber of Commerce was advised that, if Mackay had an aerodrome, it would be included in the plans for an airmail service to be commenced by the Australian Postmaster General's department that would visit Mackay three or four times a week. In February 1930, the Mackay City Council was advised by the Controller of Civil Aviation that the town commons site would be suitable after the trees and shrubs removed and the surface made firm and even. Based on an estimated cost of these works to be £250, the council voted to proceed with setting aside the land on the town commons for an aerodrome. On Monday 21 April 1930, approximately 2,000 people cheered as the monoplane Star of Townsville under the command of Captain Treacy landed on the new Mackay Aerodrome (the former Town Common). The mayor of Mackay, Alderman Wood, then officially opened the aerodrome. In January 1931, the aerodrome was approved and licensed by the Civil Aviation branch of the Defence Department as being suitable for all types of land aeroplanes, enabling the council to begin charging landing fees.
    Mackay State High School is a secondary (7-12) school for boys and girls operated by the Queensland Government at 123 Milton Street. In 2016, the school had an enrolment of 1,062 students with 483 girls and 579 boys with 89 teachers (85 full-time equivalent) and 53 non-teaching staff (37 full-time equivalent).


    Contact Us About This Property

    Real Estate Agent